Steampunk Rogue was actually part of a large art/cosplay project. I am so happy to have been a part of this because the project turned out SO COOL. This also happened to be my first Marvel costume, but I fully intend to make more in the future!
The Project: The project was actually the brain child between Jenevieve Broomall and Maise Designs. Jen designed the costumes and Maise brought them to life by making the costumes! They rounded up six cosplay girls – myself included, obviously – and had us pick the characters we wanted to be! I ended up choosing Rogue. The project was completed over a six month period and we all primarily communicated and posted updates via a Facebook group. The entire project – including us in the costumes and the accompanying limited edition print – debuted at Phoenix Comicon 2015!
I was so excited to be a part of a project like this and I hope to be involved in more soon.
Who made it: Maise Designs. I cut/pinned fabric and any other simple work. She sewed. I bought the goggles, boots, gloves, and tights. Maise’s husband actually did the LED work for the light in my glove. I cut and styled the wig myself!
Completed: April/May 2015 for Rogue. Everyone was done by a week before PCC I believe!